Digital Footprints & Reputation
As you work in real life on your reputation, it is important for you to think about your online reputation as well. Everything you post online combines to form your reputation. You can also choose an area of interest and develop an online portfolio by:
- Digital writing – Choose your area of interest and write in the area on a digital platform. This will help you in developing your online portfolio of your own.
- Animation- If you are interested in animation, you should learn more about animation and develop your online portfolio that can be showcased for your career progress.
- Website Creation – Your website is your face in the online world and it is important that you ensure that you are well-represented in the online world
- Content Contribution – The online world is our world and it is important for us to contribute to the cyber-space. We need to go beyond just reading and watching things online to making content by writing on Wikipedia.
How can you improve your digital reputation?
- Think before you post, send or blog!
- Treat others as you would like to be treated.
- Set your profile to private—and check occasionally to make sure the settings have not changed.
- Keep an eye on photos tagged by your friends and remove ones that are offensive.