Digital Footprints & Reputation
Everything you post online combines to become your digital footprints. Remember that what you share with an intention to share with your friends can also be viewed by people you don’t know. And once anything is online, it could be there forever. So think carefully before you post.
You can manage your digital footprints by:
- Keeping your personal details private. Always use a nickname instead of your real name and never give out information like your name, address or phone number online.
- Never sharing your username or password with anyone.
- Thinking twice before you post. Once anything is posted, it could be difficult to remove.
- Never post anything that you don’t want others to know about or that you wouldn’t say to their face.
- Being respectful to other people’s content that you post or share. Always ask them for their permission before you post anything online. For example, a photo that your friend took is their property, not yours. Always ask them for their permission before posting anything online.
Just as in real life, it is important for you to think about your reputation when you are online. Everything you post online combines to form your reputation. You can also choose an area of interest and develop an online portfolio by:
- Digital writing – Choose your area of interest and write in the area on a digital platform. This will help you in developing your online portfolio of your own
- Animation- If you are interested in animation, you should learn more about animation and develop your online portfolio that can be showcased for your career progress
- Website Creation – Your website is your face in the online world and it is important that you ensure that you are well-represented in the online world
- Content Contribution – The online world is our world and it is important for us to contribute to the cyber-space. We need to go beyond just reading and watching things online to making content by writing on Wikipedia.